Monday, January 12, 2009

Wow, I really suck at blogging!!

Well it's been a long time since I posted on here. A really long time, almost 7 months to the day. Well a quick update would be that my first trimester sucked. I was so sick and threw up just about everything I ate and was off work for over 2 months. By about 17 weeks I was feeling so much better, which was a God send. The second trimester was fairly uneventful. I started have sciatic pain on the right side and I had one kidney infection, which caused pretty bad cramping, but with antibiotics things got better quickly. The third trimester has been more eventful. My sciatic and back pain has gotten much worse, I can't sleep more than 3 hours at a time and I have been to L&D once on December 21 for increased swelling, high blood pressure and protein in my urine. At least that turned out to be nothing serious. So at this point in time I am 33 weeks and 1 day. We have a diaper bag, the cradle (in pieces), the crib bedding, 1 yellow onesie, knitted blankets and a few sweaters, a bouncy chair, a swing, a high chair, a pack n' play, size 2 diapers (they won't help till the babies a few months old), to cans of formula (I plan to exclusively breast feed), some bottles and some soothers. We still have yet to get all the stuff to do the nursery, let alone start it. Being the planner that I am, I'm starting to freak out a bit. Hopefully we will have the stroller and car seat this Saturday as it is going on sale, but my MIL wants to purchase this, so I will have to see what happens. I'm off after I finish this update to tactfully write an e-mail to her about it. Yikes!!

We also had our first HypnoBirthing class this past Sunday. It went well and although I was quite worried that Jeff was not going to be helpful, he was great!! We were talking about it after the class was over and he agreed that it is totally possible to be calm during labour because he has seen many cats purr all the way through delivering a litter of kittens. Although I am not so excited about being compared to a cat, I'm glad that he is warming up to HypnoBirthing. I think that as long as we practice, things will go well.

Also, on top of all of this, we bought a house and moved in November 30, 2009. Here is a picture of the house currently. We have tons of plans on how to make it look better inside and out.




Well that's the big update!! I promise to try and update this blog at least once a week from now on, until the baby is here. After that no promises!!

Lastly here is my most recent bump picture in all it's glory!!






~Katie~

No comments: