Saturday, January 24, 2009

Today I feel better

Well last night I spent sometime with my mom and her friends. Most of these ladies have seen me grow from a young child and think it's wonderful that I am pregnant. We were talking about getting ready for the baby and I said were not ready at all we have no clothes, blankets, diapers, wipes or bedding. They suggested that I go get a few things so that I am ready because this baby could essentially come any day now. Now I have been thinking the same thing for a few weeks now, but Jeff insists that we need to wait until after the shower to get anything because we will probably get most of what we need at the shower. I agree, but am still nervous. I got a call last night too from Jeff's aunt and the crib will be coming this week and her youngest now has his toddler bed. Only bad thing is that they are keeping the mattress because the toddler bed they have uses a crib mattress. Now really this isn't a big deal, I just wish we knew about it earlier on because this is just one more thing we need to get as a gift or purchase. I'm not really going to worry to much about it because we do have the cradle for the first 2 to 3 months, but I was planning on trying to use the crib for day time naps to get the baby use to it before the big transition.

So my mom when out today on a date. Her new beau seems very nice and came up to help my mom do some heavy lifting for me. When they came back, she brought me some clothes for the baby. 3 Winnie The Pooh onesies and a Tigger set with a onesie, sleeper, pants and a hat. They are so darn cute. So at least now I can say I have a sleeper, 5 onesies, a hat and a pair of pants in newborn size. Still no blankets or bedding, but it's a start. Also my mom is going to see what we don't get at our shower and help us buy the rest of the stuff that we need right away and can't wait for our next shower when the baby is here, which is a huge relief.

Oh and tomorrow I am 35 weeks pregnant and I only have 35 days left before my due date. EEKS!!!

~Katie~

No comments: