Monday, August 30, 2010

Couch to 5K

I have never been a runner. In fact I was told by my orthopaedic surgeon that I shouldn’t run. Well since having Catherine I had dabbled in jogging, mostly on the treadmill and a few times with her in the big trailer. I have enjoyed it and is hasn’t hurt my knees at all. Well summer hit and it got way to hot to even think about running, so I stopped.

I have been getting bored with my workouts lately and I haven’t been losing the weight I should be, so I decided to start the couch to 5K this week. So today was week 1 day 1, I ran for 60 seconds and walked for 90 seconds. I will do this twice more this week, hopefully on Wednesday and Friday.

Today I ran in the treadmill since its hot outside and Catherine has a fever and is unwell. It went fairly well. I made it though without stopping, but I wanted to stop because I kept getting a stitch in my side every time I ran and then it would go away when I walked. I had this problem in the past when I have been doing cardio, so I hope it was a one time thing and doesn’t keep happening.

On top of the couch to 5K, I am also going to do weights three times a week for 30 minutes.

I hope this will be the change I need to blast through the last 10 lbs I have to lose!

No comments: