Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Baby Food

So we have decided that in order to save money, we are going to make Catherine's baby food. So this week I have made three batches of food carrots, butternut squash and sweet potatoes. I have yet to give her any, but making it is the first step. She has only eaten rice cereal so far. I have picked up some barley cereal, but I am unsure if I want to try that next or go with the carrots, butternut squash or sweet potatoes. Why does it have to be so hard to be a mom and make all these decisions?

2 comments:

nurseamy82 said...

For Mathew my mum made up baby food into muffin cups and then froze them and they were good portion sizes... for now one cup would probably do for 2 meals and then as she gets older you can use 1 per meal. This way they keep longer and you can add protein or whatever mix into the blender and then freeze.

Katie said...

Ya I have already done that. I just wasn't sure if she was ready for the vegetables. We tried last night and she ate a few spoonfuls and that's all she would have.