Monday, February 7, 2011

Crunchy Granola - Face

As some of you may or may not know I have become a little crunchy granola since I got married and had Catherine. I try at all costs not to use chemicals anywhere in my house, on myself or Catherine. I have tried many products, so I thought I would start to review some of the stuff I have used.

Today I am going to start with face stuff.

I started out by using Lush products and fell in love. My face was left clean and relatively acne free and its all natural and often vegan friendly. The problem is that the closest Lush store is in Guelph or Toronto, not places I go that often. They do ship, but they don’t guarantee that the products will arrive as they were shipped (some melt and others break apart), so I have yet to try the shipping. Plus, it is quite costly to buy their products.

For a cleanser I used fresh farmacy and coalface both designed for acne prone skin. They work well and I had clearer, healthier skin then before using them.

For toner I used tea tree water toner and find that is really tightens my pores and helps to keep dirt out.

For moisturizer I used enzymion and I really like that it moisturizes my face, but leaves it feeling clean and fresh.

So since I can’t seem to find anything I like at the Bulk Barn or Goodness Me for face stuff I decided to go searching on my friend Google.ca and found this wonderful web site called Natural Skin Care Recipes.

The face cleanser that I am using daily is:

Strawberry Acne Face Cleanser Recipe

Ingredients:       

  • strawberry yogurt or
  • 1 strawberry
  • 2 tbs plain yogurt

Instructions:                                                       

Apply to skin in a circular motion for a minute or 2. Rinse with a warm cloth and water. Great for oily skin as well

 

The face toner that I am using daily is:

Witch Hazel toner

Ingredients:             

  • 4oz Witch Hazel                                    
  • 10 to 20 drops of your Essential oil (I am using tea tree oil).

Directions:                                                              

Mix ingredients well in bottle. Shake before each Use. Apply to face with cotton ball after cleansing

 

The face scrub that I am using 1 to 2 times a week is:

Baking Soda Face Scrub

Ingredients:

  • 3 parts baking soda
  • 1 part water

Instructions:

Combine water and baking soda. Scrub face with mixture for about 1 minutes then rinse and par face dry.

 

For moisturizer I am currently using plain extra virgin olive oil as needed, every 2 to 3 days.

 

I have been using this combination for a week now and I have had 1 pimple (I can live with 1 pimple, since normally I have many in a week) and it was gone the next morning. I can’t believe that such inexpensive stuff works better on my face than anything else I have tried (I have tried a lot too).

No comments: