Wednesday, January 12, 2011

3 Day Potty Training Update on Day 4

Well, I decided to start early… we started this past Sunday. Man was it ever hard and did it ever try my patience. I’m happy to say that were completely daytime potty trained, but we keep wetting the bed at night, so we still have some work to do.

Day 1:
14 accidents, 9 successes
Dry at nap time, but she only napped 2 hours. She peed shortly before nap time.
Went potty once before bed, about 40 minutes before bed (stopped fluids almost 3 hours before bed). I also woke her up 1 hours after going to bed to try, but she didn't pee.

Day 2:
Woke up barely wet, 7 accidents, 8 successes
Again dry at nap time, but she only napped 2 hours. She peed shortly before nap time.
Went potty once before bed, about 30 minutes before bed (stopped fluids 3 hours before bed). I also woke her up 1 hours after going to bed to try, but she didn't pee.

Day 3:
Woke up soaking wet, 5 accidents (all small tinkles on the way to the potty), 7 successes
Wet at nap time, but she slept her normal 3 hours and didn't have to potty before her nap.
Went potty right before bed and was still awake an hour later, so we tried again, without success

Day 4 (Today):
Woke up barely wet, 1 accident, 5 success and one was at the doctors office today! Dry at nap time, but I think she woke herself up because she had to pee 40 minutes in to her nap and then she wouldn’t go back to sleep. Again, she went potty right before bed and I plan to wake her up 3 hours after she last peed to hopefully not have a wet bed in the morning.

Its working, but I think the sleeping and staying dry is going to be a huge challenge. She is such a deep sleeper that she doesn't even wake up when she wets herself, so I don't know until the morning that she is wet. Part of this is probably due to using prefold diapers so she is use to the wet against her skin at night. I am going to keep pushing until Friday and if on Saturday morning she is wet (and has been wetting the bed each night and nap time in between) then I will use cloth training pants for sleep time, since they will still make her feel wet and are still like underwear, so hopefully they won't hinder our progress.

I will update on how tonight went tomorrow.

No comments: