Life has been very busy since I last blogged, but I am back and hope to blog a few times a week.
Today I am going to blog about the soup I am making, Split Pea Soup in the crock pot.
This is what it currently looks like and it smells delicious. I cannot wait for dinner tonight!
Here is the recipe for anyone interested:
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup Recipe
Cook Time: 4 to 5 hours on high or 8 to 10 hours on low
Total Time: 4 to 10 hours
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. dried green split peas, rinsed
- 1 meaty hambone, 2 ham hocks, or 2 cups diced ham
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 ribs of celery plus leaves, chopped
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped, or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp. seasoned salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. fresh pepper
- 6 cups hot water
Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given; pour in water. Do not stir ingredients. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or on low 8 to 10 hours until peas are very soft and ham falls off bone. Remove bones and bay leaf. Mash peas to thicken more, if desired. Serve garnished with croutons. Freezes well.
I will post a picture once it is done!